Only real estate agents/licensees who are members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® can be called REALTORS®. They display the REALTOR “®” logo as a proud indication of their affiliation. REALTORS® are committed to treat all parties to a transaction honestly and fairly. REALTORS® subscribe to a strict Code of Ethics. They are expected to maintain a higher level of knowledge of the process of Buying and Selling real estate by taking additional courses offered by their local and state associations.
For most of us, our real estate transactions involve one of the biggest financial investments we experience in a lifetime. Transactions today usually exceed $150,000.00. You probably would not tackle a legal or tax problem in excess of $150,000.00 without the aid of an attorney or an accountant. For the same reasons, it would be unwise to consider a deal in real estate without taking advantage of the professional assistance of a REALTOR®.
Here are additional reasons why you want to consider using a REALTOR®:
- Your REALTOR® can help you figure out how much house you can afford and the best lender to help you given your financial picture.
- Your REALTOR® has the MLS system and many other agents to draw properties from, not relying only on advertised properties.
- Your REALTOR® will provide objective information regarding the properties you consider. In addition to zoning, schools, neighborhood information, your REALTOR® can give you an idea regarding resale potential and other information which may not be obvious to you.
- Your REALTOR® will help you through the negotiation of your offer. Negotiation refers to more than simply the price. Other items which may be negotiated are: financing, date of closing, date of possession, inclusions, exclusions, and necessary repairs.
- Your REALTOR® provides you with assistance through the due diligence period. This could include physical inspection of the property, the septic system, the water system, the condition of the title of the property. Your REALTOR® will help you find qualified professionals to help with these inspections and provide you with written reports. In the case of the title report it will reveal common limitations like utility easements. More involved conditions on the title may require the assistance of an attorney. Your REALTOR® can help you determine if you need an attorney to help resolve problems.
- Your REALTOR® will help you understand various financing options and the lenders who can best help you with your financing needs.
- Your REALTOR® will help you understand the process of “closing” so that you have an understanding of all the paperwork you will signing and collecting, and where the money goes from your loan and the cash you bring for the closing process.
We offer you an extensive booklet full of more detailed information about the Buying process. Information included relates to:
- Getting your financing in order.
- Tips for finding the right property for you.
- Tips for the first time home buyer.
- Questions about Property taxes.
- Questions for your Lender.
- Understanding Homeowners Insurance.
- Understanding Title Insurance.
- The Final Walk-Through.
- What to expect at closing, including common closing costs.
- Packing tips.
E-mail Mike to request the booklet, free to you.