Once you make the decision to sell your house, finding a REALTOR® is the next step you will take. When considering REALTORS® you need to know what a REALTOR® is and what a REALTOR® will do for you.
Only real estate agents/licensees who are members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® can be called REALTORS®. They display the REALTOR”®” logo as a proud indication of their affiliation. REALTORS® are committed to treat all parties to a transaction honestly and fairly. REALTORS® subscribe to a strict Code of Ethics. They are expected to maintain a higher level of knowledge of the process of Buying and Selling real estate by taking additional courses offered by their local and state associations.
For most of us, our real estate transactions involve one of the biggest financial investments we experience in a lifetime. Transactions today often exceed $150,000.00. You probably would not tackle a legal problem or a tax problem in excess of $150,000.00 without the aid of an attorney or an accountant. For the same reasons, it would be unwise to consider a deal in real estate without taking advantage of the professional assistance of a REALTOR®.
Here are additional reasons why you will be comfortable using a REALTOR®:
- Your REALTOR® will assist you through the process of selling your home, from listing through closing.
- Your REALTOR® will assist you with complying with disclosures which are required by law.
- Your REALTOR® will provide you with current information regarding the current market, and help you analyze the price, terms and conditions of competing properties and of comparable sold properties. This information will assist you in coming up with the best price to get your house sold quickly, with the least amount of hassle.
- Your REALTOR® will know when, where and how to advertise your property. This website is an example of reaching the most potential Buyers for your property.
- Your REALTOR® will field phone calls regarding your property.
- Your REALTOR® may assist with qualifying a Buyer to be certain they would be a financially sound Buyer.
- Your REALTOR® can assist you with evaluating each Buyer’s offer and responding in a manner to protect you through the process. Your REALTOR® will know what and how to negotiate the points of the offer.
- Your REALTOR® will help you through the process of closing the deal and transferring ownership to your Buyer in exchange for funds. Your REALTOR® will provide you with an estimate of your closing costs and what you may expect in equity. When the final settlement figures are calculated your REALTOR® will explain these figures to you.
We offer you an extensive booklet full of more detailed information about the Selling process. Information included relates to:
- Preparing your house for sale.
- Some low cost ways to make your house look better.
- Tips for holding a yard sale.
- Preparing your house for your REALTOR® to hold open.
- Moving tips.
- Understanding Capital Gains.
- Remodeling that pays.
E-mail Mike to request the booklet, free to you.